I look up and a month has almost passed, where did April go? Now that the warm weather has begun and it’s nicer out - I try to get out a little bit more (which I’ve been doing). I was in the city three days last week (which is something of a record when I’m not working) and this week has just flown by. I’m also in the process of finally moving over to a different machine and breaking down the clone after many years of faithful service.
It’s hard to believe but, I think I’ve been using the clone since the summer of ’97 so, I figure I’ve gotten my money’s worth out of it.
It’s still good for doing Quark jobs (and actually pretty stable to boot) and is the main ‘browsing’ machine. Now, it’s just a matter of backing things up and wiping things clean. I’ve got an old IIci also, it still runs and I put an upgrade card in it (just like I did with the clone) so the ci is a power mac and the clone has a G3 processor. I’m thinking I still may find a use for both the machines, running a looping Acrobat file with portfolio stuff on it in my studio.
There’s this dual machine I’ve procrastinated about setting up. It’s sitting there all set to go - the laptop has been my main machine but I can see even its days are probably numbered - as much as I might want to resist it may soon be time to get new hardware.
No comments:
Post a Comment